Promocodes, deals and offers

3 unexpected revelations about high-growth business

To view this email as a web page, click here

                                                           

Candidate,

You already know that Endless Audience, my program on building high-quality traffic and customers, is now open.

But you might not be expecting what I'm about to write in this email. See, a normal "closing" email would tell you 24 reasons you "NEED" to join this course.

Then it would add in 62 bonuses and some scarcity tactics.

But I'd like to talk about something different today. Something most people wouldn't talk about.

I want to talk about three surprising revelations that helped me learn how to build a growing, scalable business to 279,000+ email subscribers and 41,000+ customers. How to find high-quality traffic that turns into high-quality customers, over and over. 

They're not what you expect.

SURPRISING REVELATION #1:
Being different is hard

Have you noticed how so many websites sound the same?

I'm not just talking about the 99% of life-coaching sites that use the exact same phrases ("Work with me") or the painfully technical language on enterprise software websites.

I'm talking about how if you ask people, "Do you want to sound the same as everyone else?" they'll shake their heads no. Then they'll go back to writing the same words, wearing the same Gap clothes, and holding the same Starbucks.

Just look what you're wearing, eating, and writing right now!

I get it. The same is safe. The same is comfortable. Shit, I like Starbucks.

But in business, the same is doom.

When I started to really take my business seriously, I was terrified of sounding like everyone else. 

And I started with one hand tied behind my back -- the name of my site, "I Will Teach You To Be Rich" -- so I had to work twice as hard to make sure people wouldn't think it was a scam.

I tried to highlight how I went to Stanford. I highlighted my New York Times best-selling book, and even my photo in Forbes Magazine next to Warren Buffett. Still, I had skeptics.

But the thing that made the biggest impact was being open about the struggles of building a business and deciding to put my customers first by providing value before asking them for money.

We've all had enough with the generic-sounding platitudes, the vague testimonials, and the "kumbaya" promises of being able to help everyone under the sun.

ENOUGH!

Think of the last time you needed something new. Maybe it was buying a pair of eyeglasses or finding a new salon. You look at 10 different places and they all sound the same, so what do you do? Go to Yelp? Read some random review?

That's exactly what I do, Candidate, unless I already have a relationship with a business.

Then I don't just search by price or who's closest to me. I choose the best because I trust them.

I get my hair cut at the same stylist because I can sit down in the chair, he already knows what looks great, and it's consistent. Price is irrelevant.

I don't mind walking a few extra blocks for the best coffee in NYC.

And if I need to buy a sweater or a new suit, I know exactly which store in SoHo to go to.

Your customers want to be convinced -- they're actually BEGGING for someone to cut through the noise and help them -- but unless you've built a system to find them, and earn their trust, you get 30 seconds of their time before they head back to Yelp or Amazon.

I never wanted to play that game, because the minute you try to compete with 5,000 other sites using the same old tactics -- Scarcity! Instant results! Throw in an upsell worth 25% of the original purchase price! -- you've lost.

When everyone else is just being loud, you need to be different.

In life, being the same is comfortable. In business, being the same is doom.

SURPRISING REVELATION #2:
The humility to learn from other people

Yes, I also find it hilarious that humility was a surprising revelation.

At a certain point, I started to get some success. I'd been reading books, experimenting with different systems and tactics, and even selling a few small products.

Eventually, my business crossed the $1 million mark. Then $2 million. And beyond.

This was a pivotal moment because my business was now generating more than the people who I'd originally learned from. So I had two choices: 

  1. Decide I was doing pretty well and I didn't need to learn from those books or courses. Kind of logical, since I was generating millions of dollars.
  2. Double down on learning. Who knows how much better I could get?

Guys, this isn't a hypothetical. Look at the email I got a few years ago.

What he's really saying is, "Am I too advanced for this?"

If it's not already obvious, I doubled down on option #2, learning. In fact, I still buy books and courses from people who make a fraction of what IWT generates. I'm talking about $10 books and $5,000 courses, even though my business has continued to grow! I never think I'm too advanced to learn from anyone.

This week, we have new Endless Audience members who already generate hundreds of thousands of dollars. Why do you think they joined? They could sit back and continue generating lots of revenue -- but they know there's a limit to how far they can go.

The best always invest in themselves. Even LeBron James practices the fundamentals (dribbling) every day.

Humility -- even when you get to the multimillion-dollar level -- is incredibly rare. You won't see many other people talking about this, because it's easier to write a blog post about 87 productivity hacks to take back your week.

But the humility to keep learning is what fuels the very best -- the ones who sail past the wannabes and actually grow solid, profitable businesses.

SURPRISING REVELATION #3:
FUN

I always laugh when I see these 87-point principles of how you should optimize your business.

Can you imagine if we used the same techniques in the real world?

"OK, Jimmy, this is a playground. Remember what we talked about? First, I want you to take 3 laps. Then, twice on the monkey bars. ONLY ONCE -- this is important! -- only once down the slide! Then repeat 27 times."

It's totally ridiculous. Sure, we can guide kids on how to use the monkey bars once or twice, but then we just let them play...and we watch them come to life. No formulas. No strict rules. A few guidelines, then let them explore.

Do you see how this is true in business? In fact, do you see how this is true in this very email? I could have given you "15 steps to having fun," but instead I used a metaphor we all understand -- children playing. Why do you think it connected so deeply?

What if you didn't have to play in the same sandbox as everyone else? What if you could use examples, metaphors, stories...and your customers would actually look forward to hearing from you?

When you focus on the stuff that truly connects with your customers, everyone else will be scrambling to understand what you're doing.

But it doesn't matter. Because you and your customers will have built a tight, profitable relationship...and that's something nobody can ever take away from you.

Ultimately, building an audience that trusts you is very simple. You create high-value content and you treat your customers like people.

But the subtle twists are where the magic is. Not the beat-them-over-the-head, used car salesman mindset. Just 3 subtle twists.

First, you can have the best product, but that doesn't matter if no one can find you. So you better have a system in place to keep new leads coming in the door.

Second, sounding the same as everyone else is doom. Write a single page. Ask your friends to look at it compared to 3 competitors. Can they tell the difference? If not, all that effort you put in to find those leads is useless.

Third -- I love this one -- doing this right pays you again and again. This isn't easy. Anyone who tells you it is is lying to you. But once you've got it down you can put 70% of the hard stuff on autopilot. Frontloading the work lets you "lock in" those gains for years to come.

So, you have a choice today. I'm not going to beat you over the head telling you 462 reasons to join Endless Audience

I could tell you how it's different than any other course on the market. I could also show you the dozens of strategies we used to stand out in some of the most competitive markets in the world, including personal finance, careers, entrepreneurship, and even fitness.

But there's really only one thing that matters.

You're reading page 6 of this 1,500+ word email on a Friday afternoon.

I'm not yelling or using tired old scarcity tactics. In fact, even if you don't buy, that's fine -- I'll still continue to send you free material that's better than anyone else's paid stuff.

Sure, you could try to do it on your own. Do what most people do. Get a couple books and give it your best shot.

But the way I think about it is...once you've decided to build a business, wouldn't you want to give yourself every advantage?

Wouldn't you want to know how to stand out among a litany of identical competitors...and play a totally different game? 

And when you've made the decision to learn, wouldn't you want to learn from someone whose work you're reading right now?

If so, I'd like to welcome you into Endless Audience. 

 
Click here to join
 

I hope to see you inside.

P.S. Endless Audience includes all of the never-before-seen systems, strategies, mindsets, and hands-on tactics that power our traffic engine. That includes the system that we've used to grow to 279,000+ email subscribers and 41,000+ customers. Join now.

P.P.S. Everyone who joins today gets my 60-day, 100% money-back guarantee. That means you can try the entire course before deciding if it's right for you.


Inspirethon